Okay, did I seriously write, just two days ago about how content I have become just being at home? Because today, I am NOT!! It has been 4 weeks and 2 days since I've hopped in the car (okay, the suburban) and gone ANYWHERE, w/o having to arrange for a chauffeur. And today is a day I would like to just go somewhere. See people. Visit a friend... Sam's (we're out of almost everything)... library... drivethru at Chick-fil-a even!
So I'm feeling a little stir crazy. But we all are well, and the children are getting along, there's not too much laundry to put away, the house is relatively clean, and we're mostly sticking to our school routine... and I felt the baby move the other night. Tiniest little flutter...
So I do have a full and thankful heart.
And today I changed a diaper all by myself, for the first time in a month! You know, it's the little things that encourage me... this too shall pass, this arm shall heal... I shall drive again...
I could draw some spiritual conclusions here about freedom, and submission, and humbling myself... but I think I'll just go make lunch and get us back on schedule.
We're reading a book called Adam of the Road that is just okay, we don't love it. Yesterday I looked up at the end of a chapter and three of the four listening children had disappeared! But we will finish it b/c we have to find out if the poor boy ever finds his stolen dog and lost dad. History is more interesting to them... the boys just love reading about the Celts who paint themselves blue and make their hair stick up with mud before a battle. I'm just waiting for them to try acting that one out! At the moment, though, they are playing gladiators with their shirts off. That is the fun part of that game; not wearing a shirt! Boys' version of playing dress-up, I guess.
Friday, August 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My kids are required to read Adam of the Road going into 4th for summer reading. Jason liked it ok, but Sydney didnt say much.
Duncan's War is on the way!! I ordered it last week...
Nice to read your blog! I missed the first one bc I dont check it all the time anymore, but I suppose I will start! :-)
Did I mention KEEP WRITING!?!?!?!
Post a Comment