Saturday, August 13, 2005

What were we thinkin'?

Okay, so I have been home all week. I think I whined enough about that in the last post. Matt has been working late, and had to work this morning. So, when he came home this afternoon, sweet thing said, "let's go out for dinner!" YIPPEE! Everyone had a bath (including me!) got all spiffed up and off we went. Early -- we left at 4:45 so we'd miss the Sat. p.m. crowds. Went to this Italian "family style" restaurant someone told Matt about (and we had a gift card), thinking it would be safe. Weeeellllll.... picture big noisy, tacky place covered floor to ceiling with pictures and souvenirs from Italy (one table even had a bust of the pope in the middle; we didn't sit there)... we sat in a huge booth and well, let's just say our five dear ones were not exactly the poster children for the QF lifestyle (LOL, did I really just describe my family w/ those letters??). Tonight BWF stood for "Big WILD Family." Kim, I think we'll adopt y'all's policy of just NOT going out w/ the whole gang; at least for another 10 years or so.

You know, though, the evening didn't end there. After that lovely dining experience, we all went to Sam's. I can't really bear to write any more. This expedition went a little smoother b/c of a "serious discussion" in the parking lot before we went in, but you know I think I'll just leave it at that.

On the bright side... now I have that huge bag of chocolate chips downstairs...

We did have a fun, cozy afternoon reading the last few chapters of Duncan's War. Wow, do I ever have a greater appreciation for our freedom to worship... and a great desire to live for "Christ's Crown and Covenant!" (We also read about this in the little devotion book we did last spring called Finding Jesus in Genesis by Susan Hunt. ) I won't say any more, b/c I know you're about to read it, Kim... but it was a great ending!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg, There is no need to apologize for relaying life at this point. I am so glad you enjoyed Duncan's War. I have the next two if you would like to borrow them and if you do not already have them. (Although I am in the middle of reading number two but I think one more night and I will be done. :) Hang in there my friend.

Meg said...

Hey, thanks Gayle!! We'd love to borrow them when you're done. It may be awhile, though. Yesterday we started Robinson Crusoe (B's pick!). That should be another few months, LOL. Then Hannah asked for the Hobbit (if she doesn't get to it herself first) So by Jan. '06, we should be ready for the sequels!! Is #2 as good as the first?

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg, Glad to see you posting again! I did see the cast before you took it down, though!

Anonymous said...

Meg,
Just finished number three. I can't wait for the time to come to read these to the kids but I am not sure I can do it. I was weeping while reading parts of these books. I know that the main characters are ficticious but the events and the atrocities portrayed are not...it cuts me to the core the things that have been suffered for the sake of the integrity of Christ and His bride. I'll check back with you in a year :) so that you can borrow them.