Hannah drove us almost all the way to her violin lesson! In traffic, on busy roads, changing lanes, navigating tricky turns-- it was this last one that made me ask her to pull over and let me finish the trip. Not because she couldn't handle it-- But because I was a nervous wreck! I'm getting a little better-- and she is really doing great. Those busy uptown roads, though, are dangerous!
I went and sat at the bagel shop and had a bowl of soup and a diet coke to recover. And read the second Hunger Games book. Hannah read it out loud to me on the drive home-- we finished it about 5 minutes from home. What a disturbing story... why is a story line like that so popular? Now I need to download the third book and finish it up so I can digest it all. Life without Christ in a totally Godless society... the depravity of man... and yet, the good vs. evil theme in which I think the author is implying that there is some innate goodness in mankind. Good will triumph... and in reality, I am thankful to know Good will ultimately triumph over evil. Yet, this is a picture of what a society "given over" could become. Scary. Thankful that in reality we have a savior who loves us and is Good. In spite of all the crazy things that happen in the real world, our Lord is in control.
And trustworthy. This new year... I've been thinking our family prayer and focus should be **following where the Master leads.** I'm not sure exactly what that means, but the phrase, which I heard in church on Sunday, has stuck in my head. And, I just want us to love Jesus more this year, and to worship Him with joy and thanksgiving. Praying these things tonight.
I also think my New Year's resolutions should have something to do with keeping my closet clean and the laundry room...
Thursday, January 05, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment