Friday, May 20, 2005

It's over.

I ended a long-term relationship yesterday.

And today I am sad. Right about now I would be cracking open my second can of diet coke of the day and enjoying the sweet treat that was all mine. The sense of refreshment, a little pick-me-up at the point of the day when I just want to drop down.

Yesterday I finished the last can in the case and vowed not to buy anymore... it can't be good for me or the baby. I guess now it will be ice cold water and tea for me.

So, it's over and I'll be a healthier person for it... but I miss the indulgence!

2 comments:

Reformed Grits said...

You know, I just cant handle caffeine while I am pregnant, Meg. How did you sleep? I cant have it past lunch time or I will be up all night...
Im proud of you! It really will be better for you, and think of how much money you will save!!! :-)

Meg said...

I have been waking up at night, every night at about 3 a.m., really worried about things. I hope this will help. Hey, this is Sunday and I'm still hanging in there!! Matt joined me for water instead of a coke on the way to church. Talk about being sweet and supportive!

Yes, I hadn't thought of the money I will save! I should drop a quarter in a jar everytime I think about a diet coke and don't drink one!