Thursday, March 24, 2005

...still I will praise Him

I wrote before that some things on the blogs angered me; I was referring to the starvation of Terri Schaivo. This blog is full of interesting information that we just won't hear on the news.

Jesus said what we do to the least of these, we do to him. He also said to expect trouble in this world, but to take heart... He has overcome the world. Already.

I just read that the US Supreme Court won't hear the case.

Also wondering how to explain this to my 9 year old. Don't worry sweetie, I'll feed you when you are sick, and give you water, too.

This mom and dad just want to take care of their baby girl. They are asking for nothing but for the ability to feed their sick child! Why are others fighting so hard to end this poor girl's life? Because of something she may or may not have said 15 or more years ago? I don't think so.

Going now to hug my children and give them a drink of water and pray with them. Then I think we'll go for a walk and drink in the beauty of God's glorious spring creation (I'll take a sudafed first so I can see and breathe while we're out there!) I will praise Him because we are fearfully and wonderfully made, every last one of us.

I will praise Him because although this situation makes no sense to me, it is not a surprise to our all-knowing and all-powerful God; and because He is good, no matter what. I pray He will comfort Terri and her family, strengthen them in their fight.

2 comments:

Reformed Grits said...

Meg, it is no surprise I am with you on this one. It scares me because I think this opens a door for insurance companies to deny coverage to these type of people... well, you cant feed yourself, so we wont pay for it.
Another example that comes to mind is the fact that helpless babies cant feed themselves.. so can we choose to deny them nourishment if they are less than perfect? Or even if they are and are "unwanted?" I am just beside myself...

Anonymous said...

I love you, sweetheart - Mom