Sunday, March 20, 2005

Blogging to blog.

It hasn't been very long that I actually knew what a blog was. When I found out, I started reading this one, and then this one, and I also read this one and this one. Much of what I read made me really think. Much of it made me laugh, some of it has made me angry! I have found on these blogs women who are really Biblical, and intelligent and thoughtful and funny. They live their lives differently than I do in some ways, but I felt a connection with them... weird, I know, because they don't know I exist. Someone out there does, though! My good friend Kim is blogging now, too. I don't know when she does it, though, busy superwoman that she is ...

Anyway... I wanted to join in the conversation, sort of. I don't like the idea of being so public with what I write (not many people would be that interested...), so if you are reading this now you are probably one of maybe three people who have the information!

Here's my favorite part of blogging: every time I type something in, I get to click on the "publish" button and wha-lah! My dreams have come true! I have accomplished my life-long goal!! I am now a published author! Other things I like... writing helps me to process the events of my day. I have long been a journaler, now I get to share my thoughts with my friends. Many times during the day, something will happen that I just want to write down, tell someone about and remember. So there will probably be a lot of that in this blog.

And then finally... the reason for doing anything at all:
1 Cor. 10:31
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

May God give me the grace to glorify Him in all that I do. Maybe something I blog about will make an impact in someone's life. I'm sure it will make an impact in mine.


*** thoughts today:
These bloggers I mentioned above have kept me up to date about Terri Schiavo. I am (of course) thankful for the action taken by congress and President Bush. It is unfathomable to me that starving someone to death is seen as humane. Here are two links (but I know there are many more) for more information and perspective: http://www.terrisfight.net/
http://thereverendswife.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oooooooo, love to hear about the part that made ya angry! :)

Reformed Grits said...

Hey, Melba, how do I get comments on my blog?

Meg said...

Kim, I have no idea! Ask Amy, she's the expert!

Meg said...

Amy, all that talk about the simple life and embracing work... really got me all riled up!

J/k... righteous anger, kwim?

Kristen said...

Hi Meg! :) I saw your comment and came right on over. Another Dawgs fan...right on!

Looking forward to talking with you on our respective blogs.