This is how the cake looked when I went to bed at midnight on Friday. By Saturday a.m., the bow was FLAT!! So I took the advice of may cake making expert friend and put a real bow on top. It was a little wierd, but cute enough and still tasted great. Working with the fondant was fun, covering the cake and making the ribbons down the side was pretty easy (and I think it's really pretty!!), but I clearly need a little more practice with the bow thing.
The important thing in all this was the sweet baby and mom whom we were showering! What a joy it was to celebrate the gift of this long waited for and prayed for TINY BLESSING!!



2 comments:
Everything looks beautiful! I am sure your guest(s) of honor felt VERY celebrated. What a sweet friend to do this!
It really was fun! And her mom did a great devotion and prayer, it was just so sweet... I had to run out to get the box of tissues
Post a Comment