We also came away tired and I got to take a much needed nap this afternoon. Thanks, kids!!
We had B's official birthday dinner tonight instead of last night because the salmon is now on sale at Harris Teeter for $2.88 a pound (that's down from $7.99 on his actual b'day!).
Salmon seems to have become the official birthday dinner of choice around here! Maybe we should call it:
Birthday Salmon
Place the fillets in a ziploc bag.
Mix together some olive oil (at least a couple tablespoons) and the juice of a couple lemons.
Add to that rosemary, salt and pepper.
Pour over the fish and marinate for 30 minutes.
Then broil on a rack in a foil lined pan for 20 minutes or so (um, until it's done!)
Serve on a bed of brown rice and baby spinach leaves. Squeeze some lemon over it and wow your family!
All the children love this. I have the actual recipe with specific measurements somewhere, but you get the idea! It originally came from Southern Living.
My sister-in-law, Rachel, sent another salmon recipe. I've never tried it, but it also sounds good! (Maybe we'll have it next week with the rest of the $2.88/ lb. that I bought!)
Melts in your mouth!
Ingredients:
2 lbs salmon fillet or 4 (6-8 oz.) portions
1 garlic clove
1 c. cilantro leaves, loosely packed
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lime juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2-3 ripe roma tomatoes, seeded and chop
Preparation
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Make the pesto in a food processor or blender; process the garlic, cilantro, oil, and lime juice until creamy. Season to taste. Spray baking pan with oil and place the salmon skin-side down. Spread the pesto on the salmon, cover with the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 15 to 18 minutes.
(from the Fresh Market online)
Serves 4
Enjoy!

9 comments:
Hi! I actually found your blog through other blog...and so on! I really like your site. I checked out Wing Haven...oh the possibilities we have with a little vision and sweat. Lucky you can enjoy it. I have picked up gardening ideas from a museum near me. I'll take all the help I can get :). I was wondering if your kiddos eat the salmon too? BTW, many congrats on your new little blessing growing....
We cook "Mrs. S's Rosemary and Lemon Salmon" alot at our house. It is popular with us too! (My kids love it!)
I want to try this new one as I am a big fan of cilantro! We prefer to grill our salmon though... I am sure I could figure that one out...
Yeah, I was the one who just deleted the last post bc I realized I put your name in it! Oops! Sorry! LOL
Dee, nice to meet you! Yes, the children love, love, love salmon. Which really is wierd b/c they are picky eaters, usually.
Kim, we've never grilled the salmon, but I bet it would be good. I keep thinking it would be hard to grill. How do you do it? I did think of you when I read the new recipe! :-)
Well, I think I'm going to try it out on the family. I love salmon! I've only reserved it for eating out with Husband. I think maybe it's about time...
Thanks, Meg. But what we really want to know is what you drank with your dinner. :wink:
LOL... Water!
Actually, last night I broke out the ginger ale. I think it helped, but I really don't like the stuff.
Dee, I take no responsibility if they revolt, but I hope it turns out well!
Just coming to borrow your salmon recipe for lunch. Our Sam's Club carries salmon at an everyday low price of $3.98lb. It's become a regular meal around here! Our kids LOVE it, too. Thanks for the new recipe.
A
Post a Comment