Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Pretty Days

We spent a couple hours doing botany this morning! Yesterday and today have been so beautiful (I actually have a little sunburn to prove it) and we finally got outside and dug around a little in the garden. The children dug up the weeds and raked out the beds, I trimmed the grass in the paths (and ohhhh, my eyes watered and itched after that...). The climbing rose is about to bloom, and the daylillies are coming up. Much to our delight, the mint, chocolate mint, chives, lamb's ear and black-eyed susans are coming back! Perennials are wonderful!

Today we planted:
Basil
Oregano
lavender
Flax

Also in the plans:
Rosemary
Sugar Snap Peas
tomatoes (& cherry tomatoes)
Lettuce
Broccoli
Corn
Parsley
Zinnas
Delphinium
sunflowers

Garden Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Reformed Grits said...

I have chickened out on gardening veggies. Not enough sun in my spot! Today I DID go get 3 large ferns, 2 trailing purply flowers (forgot their names... I really dislike that I do that!) 2 6-packs of white impatiens, a really large pink New Guinea impatien, and 2 mini rose bushes. I potted them all and put them on my deck and it looks very inviting. Happy things, to be sure. And it was wonderful that we had a nice rainshower this evening to water them!

Kristen said...

That is just beautiful! I hope everything grows well. :) I am sure it will, in beautiful NC.

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg! Look I'm leaving a comment :). This garden sounds great...maybe we will come over and help tend. Ours has yet to take shape. By the way, is that a trellis for your peas? I found a cute story about gardening (of course it is down stairs and I can't remember the name) and now the kids want to plant beans so that they can have a bean fort! We'll see how that works.

Meg said...

yea!! I love comments! I hope it all grows, too! We are praying that it will. I saw some tomato plants at Lowe's yesterday so if the seeds don't sprout, we'll go buy some plants. :-)

We're going to try the bean fort, too, Gayle. Last year it didn't work, but we are doing some research... hoping for better results this year. ...

I'll keep ya posted!