Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Not growing weary.

My aunt and uncle live in a Winnebago.

Seriously!

They have seven children, all grown now, and starting to have babies. So, Aunt & Uncle decided about a year ago to sell their house (where they've lived for at least 20 years) and travel from place to place visiting each child and family, staying about six months or so. They have gotten to be present at and available after the births of both of their grandchildren. What a great plan!

Tonight Uncle was passing through town on business (in his car, much to the children's disappointment) and took us to dinner and showed us pictures of his grandbabies. All my life I thought their family was a little crazy... I mean seven children?

I know, I know -- we are only two away from that number!!

Now that they are grown -- wow. They are a neat family -- still pretty crazy but, loving each other and loving the Lord.

Hanging with Uncle reminds me to "begin where we intend to go" and to keep on running this race because the rewards at the other side are pretty amazing.

Thank you, Lord, for my precious children.

N is learning this verse:
Proverbs 17:6
Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are
the pride of their children.

No comments: