This information is from HomeSchool Free Stuff.com and I haven't checked it all out, but I plan to:
The Complete Works of William ShakespeareThis is a server of the complete works of William Shakespeare, provided by The Tech-MIT.
ISE: Shakespeare's Life and TimesThe Internet Shakespeare Editions present this extensive site on Shakespeare's life and times. "Topics covered include Shakespeare's life, the stages he wrote for, and the context of the society of his time, the politics and history, the background of ideas and religion, the dramatic tradition he was part of, the literary background, and the music and art he would have encountered. There is an extensive reference section, including maps, a detailed chronology, and thorough bibliographies." There are also online texts of Shakespeare's plays in the original spelling.
Mr. William Shakespeare and the Internet"An annotated guide to Shakespeare resources available on Internet." Covers resources related to Shakespeare's works, his life and times, theater, criticism, the Renaissance, sources, and educational materials. Also includes an excellent guide to searching for Shakespeare on the Internet. Highly recommended.
The Shakespeare Art MuseumFeaturing the writings and visual works (oil paintings, graphics, and watercolors) of visual artist Hannah Tompkins, these works based on the plays and themes of William Shakespeare were displayed at the Shakespeare Art Museum in Ashland Oregon. The Museum was founded in 1984 as a non-profit organization by Wolf Tomkins and Hannah Tompkins. "At the museum, Hannah often gave gallery talks and tours sharing her wit and wisdom of the Shakespearean experience." The museum closed in 1990 and Hannah died of cancer five years later. This online art museum displays Tompkin's oil paintings, multi-color graphics, and watercolors with her text and descriptions, all dealing with the works and themes of Shakespeare.
Shakespeare Resource CenterYou'll find here collected links from all over the World Wide Web to help you find information of all sorts on William Shakespeare.
Shakespeare Books and Videos For KidsThis is a collection of videos and books you can get form your public library system to introduce young children to Shakespeare.
Tales From Shakespeare (For Children)The following Tales are meant to be submitted to the young reader as an introduction to the study of Shakespeare, for which purpose his words are used whenever it seemed possible to bring them in; and in whatever has been added to give them the regular form of a connected story, diligent care has been taken to select such words as might least interrupt the effect of the beautiful English tongue in which he wrote: therefore, words introduced into our language since his time have been as far as possible avoided.
Shakespeare Magnet PoetryThis JAVA applet combines the idea of refrigerator magnets and the poetry of the greatest sonnet writer of all time. As the page loads, a scattered assortment of doths, thous, and dosts from Shakespeare's lexicon appears. Your child can arrange words to accurately re-create a famous sonnet -- the first screen came up with Hamlet's famous lines -- or create their own poetry. Click Roll the Dice and generate a new collection of word magnets to begin again!
Teaching ShakespeareThe Folger Library teams up with the National Endowment for the Humanities to bring teachers this wonderful collection of support materials for teaching Shakespeare to your child. There are more than 100 archived lesson plans, and two or three new lessons are featured every month. Thrill to such titles as It's Elementary!: Stomping and Romping with Shakespeare, "I Will Hear That Play": Using Sound to Enhance the Text, and A Boxful of Character. Teacher/Parent's Lounge requires registration (gratis) and serves as a discussion board for educators to share ideas and resources. Links lead to additional resources, including the Folger Library itself.
Elementary, My Dear ShakespeareLots of great lesson plans to teach your child about Shakespeare including lots of great writing lesson plans. This site is put together by PBS and has lots of rich resources to use to introduce your child to Shakespeare.
Dreaming ShakespeareLionel came on stage and said, "Hoorah for Shakespeare Day!" Shakespeare Day is when everyone wears funny clothes and quotes Shakespeare all over the place. (William Shakespeare was a famous writer. He wrote many plays and poems.) "The actors are at hand; and, by their show, You shall know all that you are like to know. I, prologue like, your humble patience pray, Gently to hear, kindly to judge our play."

5 comments:
I was searching for homeschool, and came to your site Meg. After reading this post, I could really use this on my site, homeschool, with your permission of course.
After reading this post, Meg I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool . If I could have your permission.
Sure! As I said in the post, it's all from Homeschoolfreestuff.com so I suppose it's free for you to use as well! Your site looks really interesting as well, and I look forward to spending some time there soon.
Meg it sounds like your school year is very much on track! After reading this post, I feel it would make a perfect article for my site homeschool gathering place, with your permission.
Hey Meg, I need articles for my site, homeschool curriculum, so I did a search for homeschool curriculum and came across your site. I just read your entry, this post and thought I could use this entry as an article. I of course am asking your permission before I publish it.
Post a Comment