Two actually.
snakes.
ugh.
This is what I get for sending the children to rake out the beds in the garden. This is my punishment for encouraging them to see everything as a learning experience. This is what I get for that motto I mentioned earlier. Everything we do is school? Well, they actually are looking up the little slithery creatures and reading about them... soon they will be drawing them in their nature journal and then they can read a poem about the creepy things. I will find a poem for them and if I can't we can write our own...
snakes are gross,
snakes are gross,
slimy, dirty, slithery,
bleah.
H wanted to add "wonderful" to my poem, but really, no.
The creepy thing is that they are in the bathroom, in the frog aquarium. Incidentally, two tadpoles already died there, maybe the two snakes will too!
My children (and their dad!) like this song:
Sneaky Snake by Tom T. Hall
Boys and girls take warning, if you go near the lake
Keep your eyes wide open, and look for sneaky snake
Now maybe you won’t see him, maybe you won’t hear
But he’ll sneak up behind you, and drink all your root beer
And then sneaky snake goes dancin’, wigglin’ and a-hissin’
Sneaky snake goes dancin’, gigglin’ and a-kissin’
I don’t like old sneaky snake; he laughs too much you see
When he goes wigglin’ through the grass, it tickles his underneath
Well, sneaky snake drinks root beer, and he just makes me sick
When he is not dancin’, he looks just like a stick
Now, he doesn’t have any arms or legs, you cannot see his ears
And while we are not lookin’, he’s stealin’ all of our beer
And then sneaky snake goes dancin’, wigglin’ and a-hissin’
Sneaky snake goes dancin’, gigglin’ and a-kissin’
I don’t like old sneaky snake; he laughs too much you see
When he goes wigglin’ through the grass, it tickles his underneath
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are kidding, right? The words of Nancy Reagan ring in my head..."Just say 'No'!" This is crazy. Ok, here is my poetic contribution:
Meg, my dear friend has two snakes. Just pondering them gives me the shakes.
Her kids call it school;
Meg says, "That's the rule!"
So deal with them while bread I bake."
Ok, it isnt very good, but...
Ok I also want to comment here that my Granny used to sing part of this to me but never remembered all the words. I want you to teach this to me next time we get together!!!!!
Snakes are foul
Snakes are gross
Snakes are the pets
I'd hate the most.
A poem just for you!
Post a Comment